Want the best skateboard knee and elbow pads? If so then luckily, you have reached the right spot. We have designated this article to render you with the best protective gear. If you want to know which are the best skateboarding pads then you must read a comprehensive guide thoroughly.
Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads You Should Wear Before Skateboarding.
Indeed, skateboarding comes with plenty of risks: injuries, crashes, hits, accidents. Therefore, you must equip or cover your body with the best knee and elbow pads for skateboarding.
Ecoskateboard.com have enlisted four of the reputed protective gear companies that manufacture the best skateboarding pads in 2021.
Have a look below to know about them:
- 187 Killer
- Triple Eight
Four of these protective gear companies are well-renowned and reputed brands. All of the elbow and knee pads for skateboarding manufactured by these companies are enduring, safe, and comfortable. The plus point is that for your ease, we have picked up some of the best elbow and knee pads manufactured by these reputed brands.
Have a look below to know about these hardshell elbow and knee pads for electric skateboarding.
Best Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads in 2021
Comparison Chart of Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads
|1||187 Killer Pads Fly Knee Pads||Check Price|
|2||187 Killer Pads “Pro Knee Pads”||Check Price|
|3||187 Killer Pads “Pro Elbow Pads”||Check Price|
|4||TSG Kneepad Force III||Check Price|
|5||Pro-Tech Street Knee Pads||Check Price|
|6||Pro-Tec Street Elbow Pads||Check Price|
|7||Triple 8 Street Knee Pads||Check Price|
|8||Triple 8 KP 22 Heavy-Duty Skateboarding Knee Pads||Check Price|
|9||Triple 8 KP Pro Knee Pads||Check Price|
|10||Triple 8 Street Elbow Pads||Check Price|
|11||Triple 8 EP 55 Elbow Pads||Check Price|
187 Killer Knee and Elbow Pads for Skateboarding
When it comes to choosing the best knee pads for skateboarding, you must know that for more than 10 years, 187 Killer Pads has been designing versatile, and endurable knee pads that never fails to provide protection and ease to the skateboarders.
Indeed, it’s one of the finest protective gear manufacturers in the market. Therefore, if you want the best knee pads for skateboarding then you must visit the vast library of 187 Killer Pads.
For your ease, we have shortlisted the best skateboarding pads manufactured by 187 killer pads. Keep reading to know all about the features of these enduring and safe elbow and knee pads for electric skateboards so that you can decide which one suits you the best.
1- 187 Killer Pads Fly Knee Pads – Most Comfortable Skateboard Knee Pads
Fly knee is known to be the slimmest and versatile skateboard knee pads designed 187 Killer Pads. If you want 100% protection from injuries, then you can rely upon 187 Killer Pads Fly Knee that protects your knees from abrasions (in case you fall off from your skateboard).
Features of 187 Killer Pads Fly Knee include:
- 100% Durability and Abrasion Resistance: The fly knee pads have been prepared from Ballistic nylon material that is known to be 100% endurable with abrasion resistance qualities.
- Soft-Padded System and Seamless interior: The soft-padded structure of these fly knee pads provides ultimate protection against the hard hittings, and the seamless interior finishing makes it comfortable to wear.
- Contoured Form-Fitting: The fly knee pads for skateboarding have been designed in such a way that these fit in as per the size of your knees and provide gentle protection to your knees against injuries.
- Increased Mobility: The unique design of fly knee pads is attributed to their streamlined shape that enables the wearer to move with ease and faster speed on the skateboard.
The bonus point of wearing these fly knee pads is that it allows you to have increased mobility amid protecting from bruises. So, if you want ultimate protection of 100% enduring, abrasion-resistant, comfortable to wear skateboard knee pads then you must choose Fly Knee Pads manufactured by 187 Killer Pads.
Well, 187 Killer Pads have another option for you. The pro one. Keep reading to know about “The Pro Knee Pads” another compelling product of 187 Killer Pads specially designed for skateboarders.
2- 187 Killer Pads “Pro Knee Pads” – Best Skate Pads
When it comes to professional skateboarding, risks of injuries increase, and so a need for ultimate protection gear. 187 Killer Pads have designed the known as Pro Knee Pads to provide pro protection and safety from severe injuries, abrasions, and crashes to the skateboarders.
If you are a professional skateboarder or an athlete then you must equip yourself with these pro knee pads for pro safety, and pro comfort.
Keep reading to know all about the best skate knee pads designed by 187 Killer Pads.
The features of Pro Knee Pads designed by 187 Killer Pads include:
- Long-lasting Scratch-less Material: The 187 killer pro knee pads are made up of ballistic nylon that is known for long-lasting and scratchless material qualities.
- Ultimate Protection Against Hard Hits: The V-22 Dual Density Foam of these pro knee pads provides ultimate protection against hard impacts; ceases every single chance of getting severe injuries.
- Adjustable and Removable Cap System: The lock-in cap system of these pro knee pads enables the user to easily adjust the cap as per the convenience. (The cap is removable).
- Ultimate Comfort: The seamless interior finishing provides ultimate comfort to the knees while moving on the skateboard.
- Easily Washable: The interior lining of these pro knee pads is so light-weighted that it can be easily washed, and dried.
Talking about more features of Pro Knee Pads, these have a three-panel construction that ensures the reliable performance of the skateboarder. Moreover, their unique open and back design makes it easy for the user to wear and remove them (no need to take your shoes off). That is why we call it the best knee pads for skateboarding.
The bottom line is that if you want to make sure not even a single scar comes in your way of professional skateboarding, then you must get the ultimate protection and safety of Pro Knee Pads, which the 187 Killer Pads company has specially designed for professional electric skateboarders and athletes.
Want elbow protection too? Then keep reading to know about the most versatile and enduring Elbow Pads manufactured by 187 Killer Pads.
3- 187 Killer Pads “Pro Elbow Pads” – Best Elbow Pads for Skateboarding
The features of 187 Killer Pads Pro Elbow Pads include:
- Durable and Abrasion-free: The 187 Killer Pro Elbow Pads are made up of Ballistic nylon that is known to be one of the finest abrasion-free materials with long-lasting durability.
- Seamless Interior: The seamless interior provides ultimate comfort and support to the elbow.
- Extra Thick Padding: These pro elbow pads have extra thick padding that provides extra protection against hard-impacts
187 Killer Combo Pack (Elbow and Knee Pads Pack) – Affordable Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads Combo Set
Get the combo pack of 187 killer pads. In this combo pack, you’ll get 187 Killer knee pads and elbow pads for. Indeed, it is a reasonable package to get the Best Knee Pads and Elbow Pads for Skateboarding.
4- TSG Kneepad Force III – Best Budget Knee Pads for Skateboarding
The features of TSG Kneepad Force III include:
- Cordura Fabric Material: TSG Kneepad owns the prestige to be made up of Cordura fabric that is known for 100% toughness and durability.
- Expanded Polystyrene Protection: The TSG knee pad has a hard shell construction: a sturdy outer shell with an inner shell made up of expanded polystyrene that provides protection against hard impacts. (ESP is highly shock-absorbing)
- Ethylene-vinyl acetate’s multilayer padding: The multilayer padding of EVA around the knees provides ultimate protection against hard hits. For the record, EVA padding makes the TSG knee pads shock-absorbent, and stress-crack resistant to provide utmost comfort and safety.
- Replaceable Knee Caps: The caps of TSG kneepad have high impact strength and smoothly move against low friction; hard grounds. The best about its knee caps is that they are replaceable.
- Minimized Shifting and Down-Sliding: The horseshoe shape of TSG knee pads surrounding the knees has a compression-molded foam padding with a raised top that minimizes shifting and down-sliding during skateboarding.
- Superior Fit: The pre-shaped body protection of TSG knee pads have a pre-bended articulated design that promises a superior fit.
- Open back design and Neoprene Butterfly Straps: The open-back design with comfortable neoprene butterfly straps of TSG knee pads make it easy for you to wear and take off knee pads without removing shoes.
Verily, TSG Kneepads owns almost all of the qualities that a skateboarder should look at while choosing the ultimate protection gear to cease the risks of injuries. So, if you want durable and easy to wear best skate knee pads to protect yourself from injuries and hard-impacts then you can rely upon TSG kneepad Force III.
Pro-Tec Knee Pads and Elbow Pads for Skateboarding
Since 1973, Pro-Tech has been manufacturing protective gear for athletes and sportsmen. Indeed, years of experience and reliable services have made Pro-tech worthy of selection. Keep moving forward to know about the Pro-tech knee and elbow pads.
5- Pro-Tech Street Knee Pads – Best Skate Knee Pads
One of the most versatile and valuable productions of Pro-Tech is the Street Knee Pads. Pro-Tech Street Knee Pads that have been designed for electric skateboarders.
Features of Street Knee Pads by Pro-Tech include:
- Chemical Stability and Temperature Flexibility: The pro-tech street knee pads are made up of Neoprene, a family of synthetic rubber materials. Thus, these knee pads can sustain various chemical and temperature effects. Indeed, such qualities make these street knee pads endurable.
- Riding Comfort: The Neoprene backing also provides ultimate comfort to the user.
- Elastic Interior with Supporting Straps: The interior of Pro-tech knee pads is made up of Lycra. a synthetic fiber material that is known for its elastic fabric qualities. The comfortable elastic interior also has lower and upper supporting straps.
- Secure Fit: Pro-tech street knee pads have full wrap touch fasteners that provide a secure fit and secure closure.
- Sleeve-design: The sleeve design of Pro-tech street knee pads probably be something you don’t like as it requires you to remove your shoes to take them on and off.
So, if you want to secure your knees and protect yourself from injuries while riding on your electric skateboard with ease, then you must choose Pro-tech street knee pads.
Pro-tech has also manufactured the best elbow pads for skateboarding. If you want to protect your elbows from hard-impacts then get yourself the ultimate protection of Pro-tech street elbow pads.
The features of Pro-tech Street Elbow Pads include:
- Neoprene Padding: The pro-tech street elbow pads are padded with neoprene that provides enhanced comfort, and longevity.
- Secure Fit: The pro-tech street elbow pads have full wrap touch fasteners for a secure fit and closure.
- Elastic Interior: The interior is padded with Lycra that is highly elastic, and thus, provides ultimate comfort to the elbows.
- Strap Support: The elastic interior has upper and lower straps for ultimate support.
If you want a double offer, then Pro-tech Pad Set is exactly your call to make. Buy the Pro-tech elbow and knee pad set and Get double protection. Get yourself Pro-tech skateboard knee and elbow pads set and save yourself some extra pennies.
Triple Eight Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads
Triple Eight NYC is known for its die-hard efforts to make the riders of NYC safe and secure. Triple eight refers to the NYC street bore; they know what it’s like to ride NYC streets, and thus, they have been designing the best protective gear to prevent injuries amid crashes and accidents.
Triple 8 Street Knee, Triple 8 KP 22, Triple 8 KP Pro, Triple 8 Street Elbow Pads, and Triple 8 EP 55 Elbow Pads are known to be the finest and versatile protective gear manufactured by Triple Eight.
Keep reading to know about all of these versatile knee pads and elbow pads for skateboarding.
7- Triple 8 Street Knee Pads – Best Knee Pads for Longboarding
The features of Triple 8 Street Knee Pads include:
- EVA and Polyethylene Protection: The triple 8 street knee pads are made up of high-density contoured EVA foam with polyethylene knee caps. Altogether, EVA and Polyethylene ensure protection against hard impacts.
- Butterfly Design: The butterfly closing system of Triple 8 Street Knee Pads makes it easy and comfortable for the user to take them on and off.
- Ergonomic Design: The ergonomic design of Trip 8 Street Knee Pads promises comfort and ease for the user. Comfortably ride your electric skateboard while wearing these smart street knee pads.
This protective gear designed by Trip 8 is the most basic one. Keep going to know about the more advanced knee and elbow pads for electric skateboarding.
- EVA Foam Protection: The Triple 8 KP 22 are called heavy duty skateboarding knee pads for a reason: they are padded with EVA foam that maximizes the comfort and protection level.
- Impact-resistant Knee Caps: The knee caps are of high-density and 100% impact-resistant. Moreover, its knee caps have reinforced rivets for secure knotting, stability, and durability.
- Butterfly Closure System: Triple 8 KP 22 heavy-duty skateboarding knee pads have a neoprene butterfly closure system. Now, no need to take your shoes off while wearing these knee pads.
- Adjustable Elastic Straps with Hook and Loop Closure: Neoprene closure system has webbed elastic straps (both on top and bottom) and adjustable touch fasteners.
- Available in 5 Sizes
- Junior: 11–12.5 in (28–32 cm)
- Small: 12.5–14.5 in (32–36 cm)
- Medium: 14.5–16 in (36–40 cm)
- Large: 16–17 in (40–44 cm)
- Extra Large: 17–19.5 in (44–50 cm)
The features of triple 8 KP Pro knee pads include:
- Maximized Protection and Comfort: Triple 8 KP Pro knee pads are contoured with heavy-duty EVA foam for maximized protection and comfort; prevents bulking.
- High-density and impact-resistant knee caps: Triple 8 KP Pro knee pads have high-density and shock-resistant knee caps with adjustable rivets for secure closure, and stability
- Neoprene Butterfly Closure Design: Triple 8 KP Pro knee pads have a neoprene butterfly closure system that makes it easy for you to wear and take them off; no need to remove shoes.
- Webbed adjustable straps: Triple 8 KP pro knee pads have elastic straps at the front and webbed adjustable straps at the bottom for proper fitting.
With maximized protection, and comfort, butterfly closure, hard impact-resistant caps, and adjustable straps, Triple 8 KP Pro comes first in the list of protective gear specially designed for professional skateboarders.
The features of Triple 8 Street Elbow pads include:
- High-density Contoured EVA Foaming: Triple 8 Street Elbow pads have a compact elbow pad structure padded with high-density EVA foam.
- Hard Impact-resistant Elbow Caps: The elbow caps are made up of polyethylene that is highly impact-resistant.
- Reinforced Rivets: Reinforced rivets are attached with the elbow caps for secure closure as well as stability.
- Cool and Comfortable Wear: The triple 8 elbow pads are made up of Lycra that can sustain high-temperature effects. Thus, the Lycra sleeves provide cool and comfortable wearing.
- Hook and Loop Closure: You can easily take them on and off with a hook and loop closure system.
The features of Triple 8 EP 55 elbow pads include:
- Nylon, Plastic, Polyester, and Elastic Material Qualities: 50% of Triple 8 EP 55 elbow pads is made up of Nylon, 10% is made up of plastic, 30% is made up of polyester, and 10% is made up of elastic material.
- Heavy-duty EVA Protection: The Triple 8 EP 55 elbow pads are padded with heavy-duty EVA material.
- Maximized Safety: The elbow caps are made up of high-density, hard-impact (shock-resistant) material.
- Secure Closure: With the help of reinforced rivets, you can easily, and securely close the elbow caps.
- Lycra Sleeve: Triple 8 EP 55 elbow pads have lycra sleeves that make sure cool, and comfortable wear.
- Adjustable straps: The Triple 8 EP 55 elbow caps have elastic straps at the top, and adjustable straps at the bottom. Both of the straps enhance the comfort level.
- Durability and Stability: The flat cap design of the Triple 8 EP 55 elbow pads promises long-lasting durability, and stability.
Triple 8 Park Pack (Elbow and Knee Pad Set) – Proffessional Skating Knee and Elbow Pads
Triple Eight Park Skateboarding Pad Set includes KP 22 Knee Pads and EP 55 Elbow Pads. If you want ultimate protection or enduring protective gear, then get yourself a Triple 8 Park Pack. This knee and elbow pad combo pack, verily, costs less.
Now, let’s discuss some significant things about the best knee and elbow pads for skateboarding.
Equip Yourself With knee pads and elbow pads for skateboarding
Now, let’s discuss some significant things about skateboard knee and elbow pads.
You must be thinking what if you don’t get knee or elbow pads; it might be not a big deal. So, let us tell you that wearing elbow and knee pads are as necessary as your life is.
Take account of the fact that the safety gears are to protect you from harm, and injuries. Especially when it comes to electric skateboarding, the risk of crashes and injuries tremendously increases. No matter how experienced you’re in skateboarding, the risk of falling off, losing balance, or crashing stays persistent. Your knees and elbows are the most sensitive parts that are at higher risk of getting bruised during electric skateboarding. Therefore, to protect yourself from injuries and bruises, you must equip your body with the best skateboarding pads.
To do so, first, you need to know how to choose the best knee pads and elbow pads for electric skateboarding.
How to Choose the Best Skateboard Knee and Elbow Pads?
First of all, take account of the fact that there are two types of knee and elbow pads for electric skateboarding: Softshells and Hardshell Pads.
So, which one should you choose?
For the record, the softshell pads are soft yet highly impact-resistant. These can absorb heavy shocks, hard-impacts, and hits. It means that these pads can protect you from injuries and bruises. Although softshell pads are highly hard-impact resistant, these have bad sliding qualities: not suitable for professional skateboarders as these can not resist hard impacts during high speed falling.
On the other hand, hardshell pads contain high-density caps that not only absorb hard-impacts but also sustain the falling or crashing. It means that hardshell pads have good sliding qualities.
So, if you are a professional electric skateboarder, then you should go with the hard shell pads.
187 Killer, TSG, Pro-Tech, and Triple Eight all are reputed protective gear companies that have designed plenty of hardshell pads: knee and elbow pads for electric skateboarding. All of the knees and elbow pads we have apprised you about in the above section are hardshell, and thus, best to protect you from the injuries of skateboarding.
Apart from softshell or hardshell padding, there are some other significant things that you should keep in mind while choosing the best Knee and Elbow Pads for Electric Skateboarding.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing the best skating knee and elbow pads:
- High-quality Material
- Closing System
To apprehend these in a better way, have a look below:
How to know the material quality of knees and elbow pads is the best?
Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA), Ballistic Nylon, Neoprene, Lycra, and Expanded Polystyrene are known to provide the best material quality.
Which closing system is best for knees and elbow pads?
Open back design is known to be the best closing system for knees and elbow pads. However, the Hook and Loop System is also good and easeful.
What makes knee and elbow pads comfortable?
The following features make knee and elbow pads comfortable:
- The soft-padded and stretchable material
- Seamless interior
- Open back closure
- Adjustable caps
How to find the best-sized elbow or knee pads?
Get a measuring tape or a cord: Wrap the tape around your elbow or knee, mark the measurement, compare it with the measuring chart of the respective elbow or knee pad chart.
I am George Oliver. The Ower of ecoskateboard.com – Professionally I am a Pro Skateboarder and know pretty much, everything about skateboarding. Skateboarding is a really thrilling and fun-loving activity or sport. When I was new to the electric skateboards world, it was very difficult to find a platform to know valuable tricks/tips and all the information related to skateboard. Since then I had a dream to launch my own blog to promote skateboarding in the USA. My goal is to educate people about the versatility of skateboarding. Especially what skateboard is best for what purpose. I hope you will love to read my knowledge.